The General Manager’s (GM) job is to oversee all operations of the business. Responsibilities include: protecting all interests of the operator, maximizing operational excellence, training activities, marketing and profit generating procedures.
Next to the Operator, the General Manager exemplifies the actions, decision-making skills and responsibilities of operating a successful restaurant. The GM’s role is critical in setting the overall tone and atmosphere of the restaurant across every business day part. Selecting talent, developing skills and building community is a constant thought in the mind of this leader. This tireless individual must be a teacher at heart and must be energized by a quick-paced environment. The General Manager must be engaged in the following 5 areas:
- Execute the vision of the operator
- Commitment to personal growth and development.
- Work closely with operator to develop and track an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for General Manager and for other leaders in the restaurant.
- Strategize restaurant growth as a High Performance Leadership Team (HPLT)
- Identify and share short-term and long-term goals at all levels in the organization
- Create various plans to achieve these goals throughout the organization.
- Recruit, select, coach and develop to potential
- Focus on the leadership development of the team
- Support Training Director (TD) in implementing sound individualized training and development. Coordinate training feedback of new team members to the TD and all CTs.
- Observe, support, teach, model, measure and provide feedback on every aspects of the CREATE RAVING FANS Strategy.
- Properly address both positive and negative Results and Relationships throughout the organization
- Work closely with other members of the leadership team and operator to develop and implement continuous improvement plan for the development of all leaders, ambassadors, contributors, emerging leaders and employees.
- Quality & Customer Experience
- Support and communicate CREATE RAVING FANS strategy
- Lead execution of CREATE RAVING FANS strategy
- Use RQA, ROE and CEM tools to measure and improve OE and ensure proper FDA and local food safety standards are practiced all day every day by everybody everywhere.
- As a steward, oversee all facilities and ensure equipment is in proper working order. Develop strategy to ensure food safety standards exceed local and FDA food code standards
- Work closely with operator to develop continuous improvement plans for quality and customer experience.
- Sales & Brand Growth
- Work closely with operator and RMD to develop and implement strategies to grow customer count, check average and outside sales.
- Support RMD in the execution of the mall marketing plan.
- Cultivate an environment that leverages our Raving Fans Strategy
- Use our known marketing and operational strengths and opportunities to grow sales and brand recognition
- Look for opportunities to share food, cows, our people and influence in our community
- Review Scorecard and Scoreboard scores and ensure existing systems are in place to maximize sales and brand growth.
- Seek and develop strategic marketing to build emotional connections that enhance brand awareness.
- Work closely with RMD and operator to develop continuous improvement plans for sales and brand growth.
- Ensure the hiring, training, development and retention of the best marketing team through continuous training, motivation and development.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of heightened brand awareness and CFA Anywhere within our trade area.
- Financial Return
- Oversee the prudent spending of all financial resources across all variable P&L expense line items.
- As a steward, work closely with the operator and the leadership team to develop continuous improvement plans for maximizing fiscal return on investment.
A job at Chick-fil-A is more than just a job. It's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. Here are some of the great benefits of working at Chick-fil-A:
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
All Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day off to spend with family and friends.
No Experience Is Necessary
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving customers. We will teach you everything else you need to know.
At Chick-fil-A, we believe everyone deserves an education. We offer Leadership Scholarships to eligible employees who qualify.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)